The Saginaw County Clerk's Office is a passport processing agent and is authorized to accept passport applications Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. A U. S. passport may be issued to a citizen or national of the United States. Unless specifically authorized by a passing issuing office, no person may have more than one valid or potentially valid U. S. passport of the same type at any one time. Applicants must apply in person.
All Minors Must Appear in Person When Applying for a Passport
- 2 2X2 Passport Photos (NEW! PHOTOS CAN BE TAKEN AT THE CLERK'S OFFICE - $10.00)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate with raised seal from County or State Government or Naturalization Papers
- Social Security Number
- Valid Driver's License/Michigan ID or Parent with Valid Drivers License/Michigan ID
- $25.00 Processing Fee - Cash, Money order or Check Payable to Saginaw County Clerk
- All persons must be present at the time of application
- Expedite Fee in addition to regular application fee, is $60.00 per application plus overnight delivery costs
- Parents must show driver's license when applying for children's passport
- Passport Book--Separate Money Order or Check Payable to U. S. Department of State for $110.00 for Persons 16 or over OR $80.00 for Persons under 16 (one check or money order can be used for multiple applicants)
- Passport Card--Separate Money Order or Check Payable to U. S. Department of State for $30.00 for Persons 16 or over OR $15.00 for Persons under 16 (one check or money order can be used for multiple applicants) (The Passport Card cannot be use for International travel by air - See State Website for more information
To print an application for new passports (DS-11), please click here. This application must be delivered in person.
On Friday February 1, 2008, The Department of State implemented a new law regarding the passport applications of minor U.S. Citizens under age 16.
Under this new law, a person applying for a U.S. passport for a child under 16 must demonstrate that both parents consent to the issuance of a passport to the child or that the applying parent has sole authority to obtain the passport. Passport applications made at domestic U.S. passport agencies in the United States and at U.S. consular offices abroad will both be covered by this laws. Exceptions to this requirement may be made in special family circumstances or exigent circumstances necessitating the immediate travel of the child.
The purpose of the new requirement that both parents' consent be demonstrated is to lessen the possibility that U. S. passport might be used in the course of an international parental child abduction.
For more information, see the Special Requirements for Minors Under 16 at the US Department of State.
A renewal passport may be used only if the following questions can be answered YES:
- At least 16 years old when most recent passport was issued.
- Can submit most recent passport.
- Most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago.
- Can use same name on most recent passport, OR if name changed by marriage or court order can submit proper documentation to reflect name change.
The renewal application, expired passport, two new passport photos and money order or check for $110.00 payable to the U. S. Department of State can be mailed by the applicant directly to the Passport Agency address indicated on the reverse side of the application.
To download a renewal passport application (DS-82), please click here.
This application is for renewals only and may be submitted by mail.