The Saginaw County Clerk’s Office maintains marriage records for individuals (one or both) who resided in Saginaw County at the time of application and were married in Michigan. To search for a marriage record that occurred from 1995 to present, visit our Online Marriage Certificate Search.
Marriage License – Certified Copy Fees
- In-Person: $15 for the first copy and $7 for each additional copy of the same record in the same visit. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, checks, and debit/credit cards; please note there is a fee for debit/credit card processing ($2.50 if under $49.99).
- By Mail: $16 for the first copy and $7 for each additional copy of the same record in the same request. Acceptable forms of payment include checks and money orders.
- Online: Starts at $26 (1 certified copy) and will increase depending on how many copies you request and the mailing option you choose. Acceptable forms of payment include debit/credit cards.
Who Can Obtain a Certified Copy Of a Marriage License?
Marriage licenses are public records available for anyone to request a certified copy.
How to Order Certified Copies of a Marriage License:
- In-Person: Application can be filled out in the Saginaw County Clerk’s Office. In most cases, a marriage license certified copy is prepared while you wait.
- By Mail: Complete the Marriage License application. Prepare a check or money order in the appropriate amount (see Marriage License – Certified Copy Fees above), payable to Saginaw County Clerk. Mail everything to: Saginaw County Clerk, 111 S. Michigan Ave., Saginaw, MI 48602.
- Online: Using the VitalChek website; follow their instructions; when you see the statement “Choose one of these government agencies to see the certificates they offer,” make sure you use the drop-down feature to select Saginaw County; this is very important to ensure we receive your order.
Applying for a New Marriage License?
Visit our page on applying for a new marriage license.