The Saginaw County Clerk’s Office maintains death certificates for individuals whose death occurred in Saginaw County. To conduct a search for a Saginaw County death record that occurred between 1995 to present, use our Online Death Certificate Search
Death Certificate – Certified Copy Fees
- In-Person: $15 for the first copy and $7 for each additional copy of the same record in the same visit. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, checks, and debit/credit cards; please note there is a fee for debit/credit card processing ($2.50 under $49.99).
- By Mail or Drop Box available at the Courthouse entrance: $16 for the first copy and $7 for each additional copy of the same record in the same request. Acceptable forms of payment include checks and money orders.
- Online: Starts at $26 (1 certified copy) and will increase depending on how many copies you request and the mailing option you choose. Acceptable forms of payment include debit/credit cards.
Who Can Obtain a Certified Copy of a Death Certificate?
Death certificates are public records available for anyone to request a certified copy.
How to Order Certified Copies of a Death Certificate
- In-Person: Application can be filled out in the Saginaw County Clerk’s Office. In most cases, a death certificate certified copy is prepared while you wait.
- By Mail or Drop Box available at the Courthouse entrance: Complete the Death Record application. Prepare a check or money order in the appropriate amount (see Death Certificate – Certified Copy Fees above), payable to Saginaw County Clerk. Mail everything to: Saginaw County Clerk, 111 S. Michigan Ave., Saginaw, MI 48602.
- Online: Using the VitalChek website; follow their instructions; when you see the statement “Choose one of these government agencies to see the certificates they offer,” make sure you use the drop-down feature to select Saginaw County; this is very important to ensure we receive your order.