The Saginaw County Clerk's Office is a passport processing agent and is authorized to accept passport applications Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. A U. S. passport may be issued to a citizen or national of the United States. Unless specifically authorized by a passport issuing office, no person may have more than one valid or potentially valid U. S. passport of the same type at any one time. Applicants must apply in person.
Effective October 19, 2017, applicants must provide a copy of the front and back of their birth certificate and a copy of the front and back of their driver’s license or state identification card or we can make copies for your convenience at $1.00 per copy.
New Passport Book Application/New Passport Card Application Requirements
- 1 2x2 Passport Photo (PHOTOS CAN BE TAKEN AT THE CLERK'S OFFICE - $10.00)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate with raised seal from County or State Government or Naturalization Papers
- Social Security Number
- Valid Driver's License/Michigan ID or Parent with Valid Driver's License/Michigan ID
- $35.00 Processing Fee - Cash, check, money order or credit card payable to Saginaw County Clerk
- All persons must be present at the time of application
- Expedited fee in addition to regular application fee is $60.00 per application plus optional overnight delivery costs
- Parents must show driver's license/state I.D. when applying for children's passport
- Passport Book--Separate Money Order or Check Payable to U. S. Department of State for $110.00 for Persons 16 or over OR $80.00 for Persons under 16 (one check or money order may be used for families applying)
- Passport Card--Separate Money Order or Check Payable to U. S. Department of State for $30.00 for Persons 16 or over OR $15.00 for Persons under 16 (one check or money order may be used for families applying) (The Passport Card cannot be use for International travel by air - See U.S. Dept. of State Website for more information
Download a printable application for new passports (DS-11). This application must be delivered in person.
On Friday February 1, 2008, The Department of State implemented a law regarding passport applications for minor U.S. Citizens under age 16.
Under this law, a person applying for a U.S. passport for a child under 16 must demonstrate that both parents consent to the issuance of a passport to the child or that the applying parent has sole authority to obtain the passport. Passport applications made at domestic U.S. passport agencies in the United States and at U.S. consular offices abroad will both be covered by this laws. Exceptions to this requirement may be made in special family circumstances or exigent circumstances necessitating the immediate travel of the child.
The purpose of the law that both parents' consent be demonstrated is to lessen the possibility that U. S. passport might be used in the course of an international parental child abduction.
For more information, see the Special Requirements for Minors Under 16 at the US Department of State.
Renewal Passport Application
A renewal passport may be used only if the following questions can be answered YES:
- At least 16 years old when most recent passport was issued.
- Can submit most recent passport.
- Most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago.
- Can use same name on most recent passport, OR if name changed by marriage or court order can submit proper documentation to reflect name change.
The renewal application, expired passport, one new passport photo, and money order or check for $110.00 payable to the U.S. Department of State can be mailed by the applicant directly to the Passport Agency address indicated on the reverse side of the application.
Download a renewal passport application (DS-82). This application is for renewals only and must be submitted by mail.
Passport applications have very specific instructions and guidelines. Please review the passport information above or at U.S. Dept. of State Website before submitting any form.
- New Passport Application (DS-11) (must be presented and signed in person)
- Renewal Passport Application (DS-82) (must be submitted by mail)
- U.S. Passport Name Change, Data Correction & Limited Passport Book Replacement Form(DS-5504) (can be submitted either by mail or in person)
- Application For Additional Visa Pages (DS-4085) (must be submitted by mail)
- Statement of Consent (DS-3053) (Issuance of a passport to a minor under 16)
- Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport (DSP-64) (must be completed at time of new application