History of Veteran's Memorial Park

The Commission acquired Veteran's Memorial Park, Located on M-13 between Saginaw and Bay City, from the Michigan Department of State Highways and Transportation in 1974, Veteran's Memorial Park is the second of six County parks. It is a 35 acre parkway stretching over 1.5 miles along the Saginaw river in Zilwaukee Township. The park is popular with both anglers and boaters. A boat launch completed in 1982 provides an important boating access point midway between Saginaw and Bay City. The site once also accommodated a Historic Log Cabin which was built in the 1930's by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC).