The Release of Information and Personal History Statement forms can be filled out and saved to you desktop to be uploaded with your online application or printed and returned to Sheriff's Office 618 Cass Street.
Electronic Online Application:
Online Application for Employment
Fill-In Form Application:
Application for Employment Form
Instructions for completing the PDF fill-in form on-line:
Position the cursor on a fill-in field, by clicking on the field or using the Tab key.
Enter the appropriate data in each field. Using the Tab key will move the cursor to the next field.
Complete all sections of the application.
Print the form (the form with the filled in information can not be saved).
Sign the form and deliver it in person to the Sheriff's Office, 618 Cass Street.
Before being hired as a Corrections Officer, a candidate must meet all of the Minimum Hiring Standards, which includes the successful completion of the following:
- The Corrections Officer Written Exam (administered by EMPCO).
- The Local Corrections Officer Physical Abilities Test (LCOPAT).
- Once a conditional offer of employment is made to the candidate (but before being hired), a mental health evaluation must be completed by a licensed health care professional.
These requirements also apply to the following categories:
- Previously Michigan Certified Corrections Officers
- Certified Out-of-State Corrections Officers
- MDOC Certified Corrections Officers
- MCOLES Certified Police Officers
- Previous Military Experience
In addition, there are certain other requirements that must be met before being hired as a Corrections Officer, which can be found in the Recognition of Prior Training and Experience section the Michigan Sheriff's Coordinating and Training Council website.